Those seeking insight into Portuguese wines need do little more than visit the cellars of The Yeatman. The 109-room hotel, which holds a prime spot amidst Porto’s historic wine lodges, houses one of the world’s most extensive port collections and partners with top local wineries for weekly themed dinners. Wine’s the word for anti-aging treatments at the Caudalie Vinothérapie Spa; indulge in a signature Barrel Bath Experience before exploring the UNESCO-designated Duoro Valley. Then again, you might just kick back with a bottle and enjoy the unobstructed views from your private balcony.
Why we love it: Wine dreams come true in Master Suite 414, which features a dramatic four-posted barrel bed made out of a giant wooden vat.
- Upgrade at time of arrival, subject to availability
- Complimentary Buffet Breakfast at “The Orangerie” OR Continental Breakfast through Room Service for two per bedroom daily
- $100 USD equivalent Spa Services credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, not valid on room rate, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Signature Cocktail at Dick’s Bar
- VIP Treatment in the room upon arrival (Bottle of Port Wine + Portuguese Custard Tarts)
- Tour and Port Wine Tasting at Taylor’s Port Wine Lodges
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
- Complimentary Wi-Fi